Sunday 29 September 2013

Review of Tigi Your Highness Elevating Shampoo


I bought a new shampoo a few weeks ago, and I used it for the first time today. I tend to shy away from trying new shampoos. I’m really, really, super-attached to my De Lorenzo silver shampoo, but I decided it was time to be brave and try something else as well. This particular shampoo is part of the Tigi Catwalk Collection, and it comes packaged in an ultra-glam black and purple bottle. In true Tigi fashion, it has a fun name that made me smile when I bought it: Your Highness. It is so named because the function of this shampoo is to give your hair volume, body and height. Whoever coined the phrase, “The higher the hair, the closer to God,” must be a big fan of this shampoo.
 
 

Part of the reason that Tigi as a brand appeals to me is because of their sense of humour. It even says on the back of their bottles: “You must have a sense of humour to use our products.” Add that to the brightly coloured packaging and funny/cheeky/suggestive product names, and you, sirs and madams, have won me over. I shall buy your products. It also helps that they do not test on animals (very important to me); and it’s a total bonus that the products actually work.

I jumped into the shower, excited to try my new shampoo and contemplating the fact that pretty much every kind of shampoo I buy is purple or has purple on the packaging. I wonder what that means… But I digress.

The first thing I noticed about the bottle is its simplicity. You literally twist off the lid, and away you go. You can squeeze the product directly onto your hand, without having to fiddle around with a pump (pumps on shampoo bottles drive me crazy. It should not be that difficult to use shampoo!), and you also can’t accidentally squeeze out half the bottle when you tilt it towards your palm.

Another thing I loved about this product was that you don’t need to use very much of it, which makes it super economical. I don’t know about anybody else, but my hair is extremely long and thick (and no, I don’t have hair extensions), so I tend to use up a lot of shampoo and conditioner, just to cover all of my hair. Not so, with this one! I was super impressed with how a little went such a long way.

My favourite thing about Your Highness is the fragrance. I admit it, I am a total girl about haircare products- If it doesn’t smell good, I won’t use it. I don’t care how good it is for my hair, it has to smell good. And oh, how this one does. Your Highness combines jasmine, wisteria, lavender and violet to create one of the most amazing smelling shampoos I have ever tried. Even now, I can’t help smelling my hair (don’t judge me- I know I can’t be the only one who does this) and breathing a contented sigh. It smells like romance, the first flowers of spring and fairy lights.

As I mentioned, I have extremely long and very thick hair, with no layers cut into it, so I have a hard time getting my hair to show signs of life. I long for bouncy hair with lots of body and a sassy attitude, and I have searched far and wide to find products which help me achieve this. Your Highness most certainly does. And so, I bow down before it and praise its magical volumising powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment