Tuesday 16 September 2014

Michael Todd True Organics skincare mini-haul

Hi guys! I haven't posted on this blog in a really long time, which is mostly due to the fact that I was without a computer for about four or five months. My laptop decided to die and I couldn't afford a new one at the time. It was an interesting experience, being without a computer- but that's a blog post for another day!

Today I'm going to be catching up on my drafts from before my laptop crashed and also making up for lost time by posting some new things as well, I hope you enjoy!

This post is one I had drafted a while before my computer crashed and burned; and that is my Michael Todd True Organics skincare mini haul. I say 'mini' because there are literally only two products that I purchased, and I received a few samples as well.

I had heard a lot about MTTO from other beauty gurus, mostly on YouTube and I thought the product line sounded great. I was a little nervous, as I always am, being the most sensitive-skinned person on the planet, probably, but I was very happy to discover that the products I decided to try were not irritating to my skin at all. :-) Winning!

The bubble wrap was almost as exciting as the products! I love bubble wrap. :-D



Organic Lemon Toner and Moisture Lite lotion.


The products I decided to try were the Organic Lemon Toner and the Moisture Lite lotion. I picked these from the range for oily and blemished skin. My skin is not particularly oily, but I do tend to get breakouts. The main thing that sold me on the toner was the lemon scent and also that the description said the toner would be good for smoothing fine lines as well as healing blemish-prone skin. I do like the toner very much, although as I suspected, it has made my skin a little bit more dry. It can also increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun, which hasn't been a problem as I have used it through autumn and winter but I may need to be careful coming in to spring and summer. I love the lemon smell and also the fact that it seems to really get all of the dirt and grime out of my pores. I use the toner by soaking a cotton pad and applying it all over my face. When I first began using it, I had only been using Witch Hazel for a long time (and I still swear by it), and I noticed straight away how dirty the cotton pad would be after I used the lemon toner. I was amazed by how much it actually manages to clean out from the skin!

I like the Moisture Lite lotion because it's a nice thin, gel-like consistency and it provides moisture for my skin without being greasy. It also smells a little like lemon cheesecake, which is something I heard a YouTuber say and that was probably the main reason I bought it! :-D

I have found the Moisture Lite lotion to be especially helpful when I have hormonal breakouts, which I tend to get on my cheeks and my chin around that time of month (sorry if that's TMI!). It still moisturises my skin but it helps to soothe the breakouts and ultimately to clear them up.

Samples! I love samples.


I received four very generous samples with my order, and I have tried almost all of them now except for the wild rose petal body wash, which I am saving for a camping trip where I won't want to bring a giant bottle of shower gel. I liked the Hydration Boost facial serum, although I found it a tiny bit too strong for my skin and I did experience a little bit of redness after using it. The Citrus Cream Moisturiser was amazing and I also liked the Cleanse and Tone all-in-one cleanser, makeup remover and toner. What a genius idea! I highly recommend that product to anybody who is travelling and wants to save space in their beauty bag!



All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Michael Todd True Organics. The shipping was super fast, the products are amazing; and I will definitely be repurchasing from this brand. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment