Wednesday 1 October 2014

Products I've Used Up!

Boy, have I accumulated a lot of empties...


I am a terrible beauty blogger for two reasons: Number One, I never seem to get around to finishing all the posts I start; and Number Two: I suck at keeping my empties. Apparently I am some sort of compulsive recycler, who throws away products when they're empty instead of hoarding them like a crazy person (who writes about beauty on the internet). I have, however, managed to accumulate a few products to put into this 'Products I've Used Up' post. :-) They're not all beauty products, but I thought I would include some of the gym supplements I have used up as well, because the gym is such a huge part of my life, it seems appropriate.


Shall we start from the top? I recently used up a Michael Todd True Organics lemon toner. I really liked it, I think I would probably repurchase it in the future but it has been a tiny bit drying for my skin so I am currently using one from Chanel which is a little more gentle. Overall, though, I did enjoy this toner. I also used up my Clean & Clear Morning Burst brightening facial scrub with lemon and papaya. Uh, YUM! I loved the smell of this product, although I don't know if I would buy it again, just because I'm quite particular about my skincare and I don't feel like this product did that much for my skin. To the right, we have the Original Source lime shower gel that I liked at first, but I think I'm allergic to because it did give me some redness on my body after I used it. I like the smell of it but I did grow bored with it fairly quickly and I purchased it to share with my mum, although she never used it so I guess she didn't like it that much, either.

Next up, we have the two giant tubs of protein powder that I have recently used up. My supplement collection was starting to get out of control and I was buying all these new things but not using up the old ones, so I forced myself to use up my old protein powders before I opened my new ones. I used up a MusclePharm Combat protein in banana cream (om nom nom nom) and the espresso flavour of Horleys Ripped protein. They were pretty good, I can't complain about them. They tasted nice and helped me build some lean muscle, so I'm happy. :)

I also used up my ProSupps Aminolinx in the lemonade flavour and I cannot say enough good things about this product. If you guys are interested in some supplement reviews, please let me know because I would love to do them for you!


The number of bottles of fake tan here is deceptive. In reality, I have probably been through about five or six bottles of this stuff in the last few months. Le Tan instant tanning mousse in Deep Bronze is my favourite self tanner that I have ever used; and it is a lot more affordable than most of the other brands you can buy in Priceline. I find that I get at least a week out of one application and it's not streaky or orange at all, which I love. I can't wait for summer, so I can save some money by getting a real tan!

I used up a bottle of Witch Hazel, this is just a regular drugstore witch hazel toner but I have absolutely sworn by this product since high school when I had really bad skin. I will probably buy another one of these, considering one bottle lasts about six months and it only costs seven dollars.

I have also used up two perfumes, the first of which being Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto; and the second being Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere. I liked these perfumes, although I found that the scent of the YSL one changed not long after I bought it and stopped smelling as nice as before. I don't know if that's a common thing with that perfume, or if I just got a bad bottle, but it was disappointing since the perfume was quite expensive. I love Chanel No. 5, in any version, so I have no complaints about the Chanel bottle. :)

So, those are some of the products I've used up lately. I hope you enjoyed this post, I promise I have some new and exciting things that I'm working on and I will post those as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment