Monday 11 November 2013

New makeup!

Well, I finally went out and bought some new makeup, which I have been wanting to do for a long time now. Unfortunately, my trip to Mecca Cosmetica did not go well at all, because they didn't have what I went in for, so I gave up on that for the moment. Also, despite being the only customer in the shop, once the salesgirl informed me that they didn't have the specific eyeshadow I had requested (Nars Bombshell, which I want quite desperately but cannot find anywhere), she went back behind her desk and that was that. So even though there were a couple of other products I quite liked, I left the shop right away because I felt so uncomfortable.

But then I went to Myer and had a wander around the makeup counters. I passed over Chanel because there was a very snooty salesgirl there and I wasn't interested in being made to feel unimportant. But I did stop for a while at Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent, where I did have a very nice interaction with the ladies at those counters.

In the end, I didn't have as much money to spend as I would have liked, but I did pick up two really lovely products. The first thing I bought was a Christian Dior lipstick, in Rose Dèclamation.


Rose Dèclamation
 
 
 I have worn this lipstick a couple of times since I bought it, and I absolutely adore it. It's a gorgeous soft rose-pink and it is quite rich and creamy to apply. It feels very luxurious and it lasts ages on the lips. I have always loved Dior lipsticks and this one is a lovely addition to my collection.

The other product I picked up was a limited edition Yves Saint Laurent eyeshadow quad; and oh my goodness. I had told myself that I would finally cave and buy bronze, gold and brown eyeshadows, because I have blue eyes and those colours tend to make my eyes really pop. But I never seem to buy the things that I set out to buy, especially when I go makeup shopping, so I ended up coming home with this:

Wow. What can I even say besides that?

I'm not sure what it is with me and blues, greens, pinks and purples, but the majority of the eyeshadows that I buy and like are usually one of those four colours.

I haven't tried this on my eyes yet (I'm almost afraid to use it because it's so perfect and beautiful), but I did try the colours on my wrist in the shop and I totally fell in love with it. It was very expensive, but then everything is, here in Australia; and it was totally worth it. The colours are stunning and I think they will look especially nice with my new rose pink lipstick.

My two beautiful makeup purchases, all cuddled up in prettiness

I used to have this thing with keeping the boxes for my cosmetics, but I don't do that anymore. I do, however, take pictures before I throw the boxes away! Am I the only one?


I also think the packaging is really gorgeous!


So those are the only two makeup products of note that I have bought recently. Hopefully after Christmas I will be able to do one really big makeup and beauty splurge and have a more interesting collection of products to show. In the meantime, I will post some smaller haul posts and reviews of various products. One of my previous posts, about my makeup collection and the process I was going through of cleaning it out, got quite a lot of attention, so I might do some more posts in a similar vein to that one. If anybody is interested in seeing an update on my decluttering adventures (I have had many!), please do let me know in the comments. :-)

I'm also looking at buying a video camera and starting a YouTube channel, possibly as a combination of books, beauty, fitness and ballet, similar to my tumblr. Of course, that means I will have to get over my hatred of the sound of my own voice, but nevertheless, stay tuned for updates on that front as well!

Thank you so much for reading, goodnight!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment